Terms and Conditions (click here for printable PDF)
This is an agreement between Paris by Heart, Inc. (PBH) and reserving party (client).
1. Premises Description. Paris by Heart, Inc. (PBH) has endeavored to describe the Premises accurately and is not liable for any mistakes, misrepresentations, or inaccurate descriptions. Photographs and videos of the Premises are intended merely to give a general idea of the appearance and atmosphere of the Premises, and serve no other purpose.
2. Restrictions, Occupancy, and Behavior. Client agrees to occupy the property peacefully and abide by customary standards of acceptable behavior in France, and to leave property in good clean order at the end of Client’s occupancy. Client will hold PBH and the Owner of the property harmless from any claim, loss, or damage to persons or Clients property, however caused, which occurs on or about the property rented and from any claim from other members of the Client’s party and accepts the sole responsibility for any loss, damage, or inconvenience of other members of their party, family, or guests. Client agrees to immediately inform local contact in France and PBH of any loss, damage, or other problem. If any issue is not resolved with the local contact satisfactorily, then the Client must report the problem in writing within 48 hours to PBH and document all issues.
a. Noise. Client agrees to comply with French regulations that require no loud noise or music, etc. after 10:00 PM each night, and before 7:00 AM every morning.
b. Occupants. Client agrees that no one except the persons identified in the Rental Form will stay at the Premises and the maximum number of occupants will not exceed the Premises specification.
c. Smoking. No smoking is permitted in the Premise.
d. Pets. No pets are permitted in the Premise.
e. Housekeeping. There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in Premise, regular maid service is not included in the rental rate.
3. Limitations and Non-Liability. Client understands and accepts that neither PBH nor Owner can guaranty that there will be no noise in the neighborhood, or the building, or disruptions or interruptions in public services, or utilities (including, without limitation, any temporary defects or stoppages in supply of electricity, gas, water, plumbing, telephone, TV, Internet, elevator, heat, air conditioning, fans, locks, appliances, or other equipment or services). PBH and owners are not liable for any loss, damage, or inconvenience of Client(s) caused by anything beyond their control, including force majeure, and not limited to Acts of God, Governments, wars, insurrections, strikes, transportation difficulties, or any other cause. Should PBH and owners be unable to provide the Client the property reserved PBH and owners reserve the right to transfer the reservation to another similar property with the Clients’ agreement. If the price of the substitute property is less, the difference will be credited to the Client. If the price of the substitute property is higher the difference will be charged to the Client. In the event that the original reserved property cannot be provided the Client has the right to refuse any alternative or substitute accommodations offered, in which case all money paid by Clients shall be refunded in full, and PBH total liability shall be limited only to such amount advanced by Client to PBH. Client understands that PBH does not own any rental accommodation and undertakes to act only as reservation agent for the Owner.
4. Damages. Client agrees to be responsible for any loss, breakage, or other damage to the Premises or its contents or for any other losses, costs, or expenses incurred as a result of Client’s conduct. Client agrees that all areas of the Premises, indoors and outdoors, will be returned in the same condition as at the beginning of the occupancy, ordinary wear and tear excepted. Client agrees to be responsible for all such damage, breakage, losses, costs, expenses and charges, and that the amount required to cover these matters will be charged to the client.
5. Accidental Damage Waiver. The Accidental Damage Waiver is an optional, non-refundable fee and covers up to $1,000 of accidental damage. If the Accidental Damage Waiver is purchased, accidental damage must be reported within 24 hours of occurrence, or prior to check-out, whichever is first, and does not include lost keys. Lost keys are always the responsibility of the guest, and are changed at cost, which is frequently over $150 per lost key. Damage must be reported by calling 1-800-256-3981. Failure to report accidental damage in the time specified voids the waiver. Any accidental damage over the $1,000 waiver will be charged to the client. Non accidental damage, resulting from reckless or negligent acts such as failure to close and lock the front door, or ‘wild’ parties is not covered by the Accidental Damage Waiver, and is the sole responsibility of the client.
6. Payments. Client payments are due in the amounts and schedule as quoted. Rental payments made be made by check, bank transfer, or credit card (Visa or Master Card) and client agrees that any amounts due for damages may be directly charged against their credit card.
7. Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk. Client understands that occupancy of the Premises may involve inherent risks which may cause personal injury, sickness, disease, death, property damage, or other loss. Client accepts and assumes complete responsibility for all such risks and, to the maximum extent permitted by public policy, and the law, waives any and all claims Client may have against PBH or Owner, for any and all personal injury, sickness, disease, death, property damage or other loss arising out of, related to, or in connection with occupancy of the Premises or the use of anything in or around the Premises, notwithstanding that the same may have been contributed to or caused by the negligence or gross negligence of PBH or Owner.
8. Arrival and Departure. Client occupancy commences after 10:30 AM on the day of arrival, and terminates by 10 AM on the day of departure unless other arrangements have been made in advance. Extra arrival coordination charges may apply if occupancy starts on a Sunday, a French National Holiday, or after 6PM or before 9 AM.
9. Travel Insurance. Client acknowledges that they are encouraged to purchase traveler’s insurance covering, among other things, trip cancellation, personal liabilities, property damage, and health.
10. Waiver and Severability. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed, or shall constitute, a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver. No waiver shall be binding unless executed in writing by the party making the waiver. Each term of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law. In the event that any of the terms of this Agreement becomes or is declared illegal, or is otherwise unenforceable, such term shall be deemed deleted from this Agreement and all the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.
11. Governing Law, Binding Arbitration. The laws of the States of California shall govern the Agreement. Prior to bringing any claim the parties shall attempt to resolve the dispute between themselves in good faith and to their mutual satisfaction. In the event such good faith attempts fail after fifteen days following notice of any claim, dispute, disagreement, controversy, or claim whatsoever arising out of or relating to this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall be resolved in Marin County, California through binding arbitration by a single arbiter under the applicable Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
12. Cancellation Policy. Cancellations must be in writing and are not effective until received by PBH. The reservation deposit is non-refundable. If the booking is cancelled less than 60 days before the first date of occupancy, the full rental amount is non-refundable. If any cancelled dates are rebooked, the amounts that would otherwise be non-refundable will be refunded up to the amount of rent received for the cancelled dates.